Hey Band!..........Super job this weekend! Your performance at Mt. Vernon was super-dee-duper, and a lot of fun!
1) There will be NO after-school marching band practice today! (Monday, 9/26)
2) Wednesday, 9/28: Full Marching Band Practice: 3:00-4:30 PM (CANCELLED)
3) Friday, 9/30: Full Marching Band Practice: 3:00 - 4:30 PM
Load Band Trailer.....4:30 PM
Suit-Up.........................5:15 PM (polish shoes if needed)
6:00 PM........................Load Buses
Game V.S. Highland (away)...............7:00 PM
* This Friday's Band Dinner is sponsored by the trombones and sousas. They are making pasta with sauce, garlic bread and drinks. "IF" you will not be partaking you MUST sign your name on the band office door BY Wednesday. Thanks!
NOTE TO PARENTS: We seem to be having an issue with the length of the uniform pants on certain individuals. While there are adjustment snaps on the inside of the bottom of the legs, occasionally pants do need to be hemmed. If your child brings their uniform pants home this week it means that they need to be adjusted with needle and thread. If you do hem them please DO NOT sew all the way around the hem, but simply sew 3/4 knots so the hem stays in place. After this you may need to press the bottom of the pants with an iron. They should not look ballooned-out. We will be performing a formal uniform check next Friday before the Homecoming game and students will be given an actual grade based on their uniform appearance. We are giving them ample time to make adjustments. If you have any questions please
4) OMEA District 10 Honor Band Audition Recordings are due by Wednesday, October 5th. Recordings need to be uploaded onto Dropbox and sent to Dr. Packard at MVNU where they will be listened to and judged on Friday, October 7th. Please let Mr. D. know when you are planning on coming to the band room to record your audition. You will need to play the following:
* Prescribed excerpts for your instrument
* 2 Major scales of your choice (clarinets and mallets 2 octaves)
* Chromatic scale (slurred)
P.S.- You may make your recording during period 9 band, during a study period, lunchtime or after school on either a Tuesday or Thursday.